Forbes: “Believe it or Not, In this Movie, the Hedge Fund Manager Is The Hero”
Martin Fridson, Chief Investment Global Strategist, BNP http://bit.lyscforbes
Wen Wei Ho – China Newspaper with HK distribution.
Hong Kong Economic Times
The Standard, HK’s top English Free circulation Newspaper
Ta Kung Pao — HK Financial Newspaper
Apple Daily –HK’s top Chinese Language Newspaper
June 27, 2012 HIGHLY RESPECTED BUSINESS PUBLICATION WITH PRINT CIRCULATION 61,000 and ONLINE PRESENCE ACROSS HK/CHINA
Huge Thanks to Writer Tinny Cheng and PR by Cohn&Wolfe
Derek was quoted at the beginning of the article: “Nobody’s done an English language Financial Thriller in Hong Kong even though it’s the financial center of Asia, so I knew I could tell a fresh story from a unique and balanced perspective.”
· The challenges that Derek faced to produce an independent movie and how he overcame them (e.g. through the team being very passionate enough to call in favors for the movie)
· Why Supercapitalist: Derek’s experience during 911 and decided to change his career path
· Movie Synopsis:
· Research: hanging out with city’s top bankers to get a feel for the ‘sophisticated’ world of finance
· Script writing challenge: how to strike a balance between the depth (e.g. to show the reality of the financial world) and brevity (not putting too many financial jargon in the movie) of the movie
· Theme of the movie: it’s about perception and finding your own identity. What is the meaning of happinessand money for people like Conner?
· The movie will be screened across 10 major cities in US and Canada in August
· To be released in Asia starting with Hong Kong in October.